Julie from A Better Life with Burgers nominated me for a Liebster Award….Super cool right?! I thought so! Liebster in German means favorite! I had so much fun answering these questions. Thanks for nominating me Julie!
Here are the rules:
- Tell 11 facts about yourself
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions
- Write 11 questions of your own, and nominate more people
- Those nominated must have fewer than 200 followers
Here are Julie’s questions for me:
- What world landmark would you most like to visit?I would LOVE to go to Paris to see the Eiffel tower. I have always wanted to go to France ever since high school. I took French for 4 1/2 years…cannot speak a work of it, but I love the language and the culture.
- Which Olympic sport would you compete in (you would automatically possess the necessary skills)?Tough one! It would have to be gymnastics! I remember watching gymnastics when I was a little girl with my sister always wanted to be those girls. I especially remember the magnificent 7 of the 1996 Olympics! It has always been a favorite of mine! Swimming comes in a close second. Watching the swimming always makes me want to jump in a pool.
- What is your favorite news source? (online, print, cable, satire, etc.)I do a lot of online reading…New York times online. But I’ll watch The Today Show or GMA. Twitter is a great news source too!
- What is your favorite or most effective way to relieve stress?The BEST way and my FAVORITE is reading. Hands down. I can sit for hours and read a book and totally forget about what is going on in my life. I have always been that way since I was a little girl. It seems to work the best for me. Lately, I have tried to add meditating and more yoga…let’s just say that it’s a work in progress!
- What’s your best high school memory?I am totally that girl who LOVED high school. I loved everything about it…well maybe not everything but pretty close. I have so many amazing memories. Friends, cheerleading, football games, trips, weekends, it was great! I am still friends with my high school group. Still have the same best friends…and the best part…I am still dating my high school sweetheart! Doesn’t get much better than that. All of high school is a memory that I would love to hold on to!
- If you could only have access to one social media site, what would you choose?Twitter. It is such a great source for EVERYTHING. You can find out what your friends are doing. Catch up on celebrity news (my favorite). Be up to date on the latest news. Within seconds, you know what is going on around the world. Pretty cool!
- What’s your favorite holiday and why?Ummm….I love all holidays. But if I had to pick a favorite it would probably be Christmas. I love the spirit that it brings out in everyone. I love the decorations, food, and family. Now that I have 4 nephews and 1 niece it really makes the holidays SO much fun. To watch their reaction to gifts and the innocence of Christmas…I love it! Valentines day is pretty high on my list too, that could be because I love the color PINK!
- What’s your dream date?I am a little bit old fashion…I love going out to dinner at a new place and enjoying the company. BUT for a dream date…I think that scuba diving or snorkeling would be awesome! I’ll add that to my list. Nick, are you taking notes?!
- How do you motivate yourself to work out after a long day?ugh, it is hard! I am still trying to figure that one out! I try to remember how I feel when I am done with the workout. How much energy I have, how motivated I am, I feel GOOD! I love working out once I get started. I just try to remember that famous slogan… JUST DO IT!
- If you could have any pet, what would it be?Well, I would love a pet monkey…but I think that is out of the question. How fun would that be! I have always had a cat growing up. I love cats but…I really want a dog. Maybe a beagle…but how adorable are golden doodles?!? We shall see what the future holds!
- If you could travel back in time, when would you go and what would you do?Another tough one…ummmm….I think I would travel back to the roaring 20′s! That time period looks like a blast! I think I would go to a party…be a flapper, dance the night away! So many things were happening in our country at that time. It would be great to be a part of it!
That was fun!
Now here are 11 facts about ME: (Please don’t judge the weird facts)
1. I work at a retirement community. I work with senior citizens all day long (along with employees) motivating them to improve their wellness! I LOVE it! I never would have thought! I learn so much from seniors. It also teaches me patience, lots of patience!
2. I have been slightly obsessed with Lucille Ball since I was about 10 years old. I LOVE Lucy! I own DVD’s, Lucy Barbie dolls, ornaments, and books. Weird?! I can sit and watch her show, I Love Lucy, for hours and hours. I laugh so hard that I cry, every time. No matter what. And I wish everyone (at least my friends, family, and boyfriend) felt the same way!
3. My all time favorite snack…Chips and dip. I cannot stop myself when I am eating it. I can’t have it in my house. The best is kettle chips with sour cream and onion dip…but really…any chips and dip will do!
4. My mom owns a Personal Training Studio/fitness studio. She has motivated me to make fitness/wellness my career. I am thankful for that! Thanks Mom!!
5. With that being said…If fitness/wellness was not my career, I would love to be an event planner OR a politician. Yes I really said that! I love politics! I don’t think many people know that about me. I try to stay up to date, especially during re-election! It’s important to know your facts and your own opinion!
6. I love to read. I can read a 300 or so page book in 1-2 days. But…if the book is boring to start off, I cannot finish it. It’s a bad habit. A good book…and a comfy couch or on the beach…there is not too many things better!
7. I am an active member of The Junior League. I took on the role of the chair of Kids in the Kitchen. I am very excited about this upcoming year to promote healthy cooking and habits to children and their families!
8. I am a Delta Gamma! (My sister will love this one…she always laughs when I talk about my sorority and sorority sisters). All through college, I was in a sorority and loved every minute! So many amazing friends, memories, and experiences! I am still meeting new girls through an alumni chapter. I lived in my sorority house for two years. 31 girls in one house. 4 girls in my room….some of my BEST memories are in that room. I can’t imagine living with that many girls again…but it was the best time EVER! Wouldn’t trade it for anything.
9. I talk in my sleep. My college room mates always got a kick out of this. We still laugh about it. I have full on conversations!
10. I really wish I was a singer. I am totally that girl who cannot carry a tune but loves to sing! Yep, that’s me. It is the one talent I wish I had. I wanna be Carrie Underwood, Rihanna, or even Beyoncé! Every time I hear them sing…I just sigh and say “I really wish I could sing”. In my next life…
11. I have been happily dating the same guy since high school. Yep, we have made it through high school…college…and still going strong! I am a lucky girl!
My Questions for My Nominees:
1. Where did you go to college, what did you study?
2. What is your guilty pleasure…Reality TV/50 shades of grey/chocolate?
3. If you could buy a one way ticket to anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
4. Who is your hero…why?
5. Best childhood memory?
6. What is your favorite workout, what is your least favorite workout?
7. Who motivates you to do better in the gym or with your fitness?
8. Why did you start blogging?
9. What is your favorite season?
10. What is your biggest regret? Do you have one?
11. What book are you currently reading?
Who are the lucky people who I am nominating?
Kait @ Kait Makes a Run for it
Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoy my answers and fun facts!
Have a fabulous holiday weekend!