I have heard a buzz about the Taco Bell Breakfast. I am not even going to go into detail about why you should skip the drive-thur, you know why you should. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Believe me, it really is! It kick starts the metabolism and keeps your energy levels high so you can work hard through the morning until lunch. Some people enjoy a savory breakfast, sweet, or even salty! I personally like a light breakfast but packed with protein. Unlessssss it’s the weekend, then were talking pancakes and omelets…that’s a different story!Most mornings I am running around and I need something easy that I can grab and go! Below you will find a few ideas of healthy, quick, and nutrient packed breakfast!
Quick and Healthy Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight Oats! Any oatmeal for that matter!
- My go to…A banana with a Greek Yogurt. Chobani is my favorite! Even plain, I add a touch of honey. Its packed with protein.
- An apple with Almond butter, even with a touch of yogurt!
- Hard boiled eggs! I will grab a banana with an egg, keeps me full til lunch.
- A cheese stick with a piece of fruit. Any fruit is a great option.
- A whole wheat waffle OR whole wheat english muffin with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter or another type of nut butter.
- A shake. There are SO many ways to create a delicious shake. Coconut milk, strawberries, a banana, spinach/kale and a touch of almond butter!
- Breakfast burritos. I will be posting my recipe for my breakfast burritos soon. I often will make them on a Sunday and throw them in the freezer! I have them for the week. Nick Loves them too! Much healthier and tastier than the Taco Bell Breakfast craze that everyone is talking about!
- Nuts! Raw cashews, almonds, pecans, and walnuts. Whatever your favorite is! Grab a handful, a cheese stick, and a piece of fruit and your set!
- Quiche! Again, you make ahead of time in mini muffin pans and either keep in freezer. Add loads of veggies for a wide variety.
There you have it folks, 10 ideas for quick and easy breakfasts…and also cheap!
Since last week, I mentioned it’s time for me to get back into the swing of things! Since it is finally a tad bit warmer here in the Burgh, I am feeling motivated to keep my workouts going! Here is my plan for the week!Monday– Workout DVD, not sure which one yet Tuesday–POWER STEP Wednesday–POWER Step Thursday–Body PUMP and Cardio of choice Friday–Rest Saturday–POWER Step/Weights Sunday–Walk/Run What are your favorite quick and easy breakfast ideas? What is your go to?