First of all…Happy 2015! WOW! I am really coming off from a long, amazing, fun/food-filled holiday bender! Are you?! I am SO ready to get back in the swing of things around here after all the fun. I spend ALL weekend organizing, cleaning, cooking, and figuring out how to make this year better than the last. I think I have some good ideas! 😉 and thanks to Heather from FitNCookies , my blog will stay more organized! (More on that later in the week!)
Today, I want to chat about going back to the basics. This month, I want to focus on cleaning up my diet a bit! After a season of holiday festivities, it could use it! More fruits, more veggies, more water! All about the healthy eating in this house.
Yesterday, while figuring out how to keep my health goals attainable, I started to think about what I always tell my clients. I actually took my own advice, I “walked the walk”. It may sound silly, but these easy tips will help you stay on top of your healthy eating goals for 2015. None of these tips are new, rocket science, or state of the art…however, they work!
Taking it old school…
- Plan Ahead. I can’t stress this enough! What will you eat? Do you have enough food to last you until you head back to the store? Healthy options to grab and go? We all know what happens when you’re not prepared. Think, plan, shop, prep!
- Meal Prep. Yesterday, I prepped all my veggies, salads, and snacks. As you can see above in my fridge! I have carrots, celery, cucumbers, tomatoes, and red pepper! I made a bunch of hard-boiled eggs too! I created a quinoa salad with loads of veggies. I didn’t add any seasoning or dressing, so we can switch it up through the week. It’s so much less stressful to make a salad with 90% of the work is already done for you.
- Stick to your list. I think this was the first time in a LONG time that I made a grocery list and stuck to it 95% of the time. I was proud of myself. I was also realistic about what to add to our grocery list. Snacks and treats were on the list too, I know its important to indulge!! But I planned them into the week!
- It’s all about the placement. I switched around my whole fridge around yesterday. All my fruit, veggies, and healthy grab and go snacks are all placed conveniently on top. All in clear containers so I can see whats inside. I am much more likely to grab carrots and celery if they are placed in my face and already cut up!! Again, it’s all about the placement!
- Keep track. When I am “cleaning” up my diet and trying to lose a few pounds, it’s essential for me to track. I know, it’s not for everyone, but that is what works best for me. I either write it all done, or on my phone! It really helps me to look at what I am eating and how I can improve. I will be tracking with Weight Watchers, simply because I love it, and it works really well for me!
That’s it folks! Five basic tips to help keep you on your A game!
What is your favorite basic tip to stay on track?
Are you cleaning up your diet this January?!