Warm weather is finally approaching. Its time to de-clutter your life and give your home & mind a fresh cleansing using essential oils.
Here are some tips to tackle your spring!
Create a checklist. Make a detailed checklist of all the items you want to complete for each area in your house. Whether its DIYS around the house or simply a deep clean! Having a list will help you organize your thoughts. As you mark off each item, you will feel accomplished. Make sure to be realistic in your checklist!
Focus on one area at a time. It will be less overwhelming by focusing on one object or area at a time. If you try to multitask during cleaning, you tend to look past things! This process will make it easier for you to move through your checklist, this will help you save some energy on the rest of your home!
Eliminate Distractions. catching on here….focus! Stay focused on each task. By eliminating your distractions, you will speed up your productivity. What I mean is, put your phone down and shut off social media! LOL
De-Clutter. Do not be afraid to get rid of stuff. I just packed up THREE bags to give away. It felt amazing! Start different piles…SELL, DONATE, GARBAGE. You will be surprised how much better you feel by getting rid of some stuff!
Deep Clean. After removing clutter and organizing, your ready for a deep clean! Start in one room at a time, from top to bottom. Don’t forget to do cabinets, drawers, and behind furniture. Once the big items are done, move on to the smaller tasks such as vacuuming, blinds, dusting, mopping, etc.
Re-Arrange! Try something new. Move around your couch or dresser. Switch things up a bit. This always motivates me to clean and always feels good to change!
Use ESSENTIAL OILS! Yes that’s right. Many essential oils such as lemon, grapefruit, rosemary, and clove all have powerful cleansing and purifying properties that make effective and safe cleaning agents. Check out the recipes below!
Refrigerator & Microwave cleaner:
- 1 Cup of Vinegar
- 2 Cups Hot Water
- 15 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
- Combine all ingredients in glass spray bottle, use damp cloth and scrub!
Stove Top Cleaner:
- 1/4 Cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Salt
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 TBSP Water
- 4-5 Cleaning Blend Essential Oil
- Combine All ingredients until a paste is formed. Spread all over stove and stove top. Leave sit for 15 minutes OR longer for harder stains. Use a sponge to scrub area.
Essential Soft Scrub:
- 3/4 Round Cup Baking Soda
- 1/4 Cup Liquid Castile Soap
- 1 TBSP water
- 8 Drops of Lemon Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Lime Essential Oil
- Using a wire whisk, combine baking soda and castile soap. Then stir in water and add essential oils, whisk until smooth. Consistency should be a soft paste. Store in air tight container!
There you have it friends, now get to cleaning/organizing/and rearranging! Have a FANTASTIC Wednesday!
Whats your favorite part of spring cleaning?!