If you follow me on SNAPCHAT ( shameless plug…. jhiggs787) you know what I had for dinner last night, Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash casserole. I love anything buffalo chicken, but guys…this is REALLY GOOD! I had many friends and family ask for the recipe right away, so I had to share! I apologize for the low quality pictures, but you’ll get the gist!
Its relatively easy to do and to follow! And if you cook your spaghetti squash ahead of time or throw in the microwave, its not too time consuming! Here is how I cook my squash. I used PaleoMG’s recipe as a guide, but I DID switch it up quite a bit.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 21⁄2 pounds)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 Cup Reduced Fat Cheddar (optional)
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2-3 Large Cooked Chicken Breast, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup hot sauce (I used my fav, Frank’s RedHot)
- 1⁄4 cup Sour Cream (I used fat free)
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- sliced avocado, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Follow my directions for baking a spaghetti squash or pop in microwave!
- Grease a casserole baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Let the squash cool for 5 minutes, remove the seeds, and then use a fork to remove the threads and place them in the greased baking dish.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, celery, onion, and whatever other veggies you want to add and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add the shredded chicken, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the veggie mixture. Make sure all is mixed.
- Add the hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and sour cream and mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken mixture to the baking dish and mix well with the spaghetti squash threads.
- Add the whisked eggs and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Bake for 1 hour or the top will form a slight crust. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro, a little extra cheese, and avocado slices. Or even some salsa and extra sour cream!
There you go friends…ENJOY!!!!!