I would call myself creative, imaginative, and crafty. However, designer…. no way! I have a hard time standing back and bringing my imagination to real life when it comes to room design. This brings me to my biggest problem in our home, our upstairs. I really slacked in the design and “decoration” department. I put my main focus on the downstairs, which is super important, however, its def time to move to the upstairs. Our bedroom and other room are in need of some desperate love & TLC.
Our “back room”. Its SUCH an eye sore. The reason is, its our EVERYTHING room. It causes me great frustration. It is so many things… My closet, crafting, jewelry, office, Nick’s office, ironing…you name it, it goes on in there. But, I am learning, its needs to be significantly more functional. With my business growing, I need an office space that really inspires me to sit and do work.
The struggle is finding balance between office, nick’s space, and everything else that goes on in there. I need a corner of that room to be designated to a work space. That’s the first step because I can no longer wait, its that simple! So here is my wishlist for the “office” space.
So first up for my upstairs makeover…our backroom. Then I will tackle our bedroom!
I want an environment that is light, refreshing, bright and cheerful. I want to feel inspired & motivated when I am in there. All about the environment my friends…
Here is my Dream Office Makeover Wishlist!
- A great desk! Some that is again, functional. I love this industrial look, but…I also like white and clean lines.
- Shelving & storage space that looks nice, neat, and fabulous! Again, clean lines!
3. Creative space. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea. It would make a great back drop for pictures for my social media outlets.
4. Cute office decor! I love all of these ideas! I love golds & bright colors!
5. Fun paint colors. A beautiful color scheme. Right now the room has one accent wall of a bright, cheerful yellow. I love these colors!
So there you go. This is my inspiration for my NEW “back room”. What do you guys think? I will keep you all up to date! I am SO excited to move forward with this makeover. I plan on keeping fairly inexpensive too…Thrift store here I come! 🙂 I will take some before/after pics for y’all to check out!
Do you have an eyesore in your house?! How did you tackle it?