If you follow me on SNAPCHAT ( shameless plug…. jhiggs787) you know what I had for dinner last night, Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash casserole. I love anything buffalo chicken, but guys…this is REALLY GOOD! I had many friends and family ask for the recipe right away, so I had to share! I apologize for the low quality pictures, but you’ll get the gist!
Its relatively easy to do and to follow! And if you cook your spaghetti squash ahead of time or throw in the microwave, its not too time consuming! Here is how I cook my squash. I used PaleoMG’s recipe as a guide, but I DID switch it up quite a bit.
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 21⁄2 pounds)
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 Cup Reduced Fat Cheddar (optional)
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, minced
- 2-3 Large Cooked Chicken Breast, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup hot sauce (I used my fav, Frank’s RedHot)
- 1⁄4 cup Sour Cream (I used fat free)
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- sliced avocado, for garnish
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Follow my directions for baking a spaghetti squash or pop in microwave!
- Grease a casserole baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Let the squash cool for 5 minutes, remove the seeds, and then use a fork to remove the threads and place them in the greased baking dish.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the garlic, celery, onion, and whatever other veggies you want to add and cook for about 10 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Remove from heat.
- Add the shredded chicken, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to the veggie mixture. Make sure all is mixed.
- Add the hot sauce, cheddar cheese, and sour cream and mix well to combine.
- Add the chicken mixture to the baking dish and mix well with the spaghetti squash threads.
- Add the whisked eggs and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Bake for 1 hour or the top will form a slight crust. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with cilantro, a little extra cheese, and avocado slices. Or even some salsa and extra sour cream!
There you go friends…ENJOY!!!!!
This is the most #basic blog title ever…but helllllllllllo, what is on every girls mind this time of year. Pumpkin Spice!
I love fall. Yesterday, I spent my morning cleaning, grocery shopping, cooking pumpkin bread, and putting up all my fall decor. Such a fun time of year. Normally, I place my fall scented candles all of the house along with all 6 pumpkins on my mantle. I buy the “3 wick” candles from a certain store and my house simply smells of fall. However, this year I am taking a different route. There are SO many chemicals and synthetic “things” in candles. Just try looking at the ingredients in some of them, you’ll be shocked! I have noticed that I get headaches from candles now that I do not use them. I am really trying to make an effort not to use products with an absurd amount of crap in them.
So what is a girl to do if she is still looking for fall scents…I turn to my essential oils!! I created a “pumpkin spice” blend to put in my diffuser. It is AWESOME!!! Smells like fall. I bought a ton of fragrance free/scent free plain candles, and turn on my diffuser….and my house simply smelled scrumptious without all the chemicals. You will want to do this ASAP! I promise, you won’t regret putting this in your diffuser.
Remember, its important to use the highest quality essential oil you can find. Email me to find out what oil I use! They are the best and highest quality you can buy!
After an AMAZING weekend, I am back to this blog of mine.
One of my very best friends, Emily, got hitched this weekend to her prince charming!! It was such a blast, I am having a serious case of the Monday’s today. I just love being with my girlfriends from college, there is nothing quite like it! It was such a beautiful wedding, and so amazing to see how happy my friend is! Again, congratulations to Emily and Mo!!!!!
Now, onto some meal ideas for this week! I have been trying lots of new recipes lately…trying to switch things up a bit! I have been slightly bored with my meal choices lately. Here is whats on the menu this week from alllllllll around the web!! I’ll let you all know what I find!
Quinoa Enchilada Casserole….I think this sounds soooooo good! I will make some slight changes though!
How good does this dish look from A Healthy Slice of Life!
Buffalo Chicken lettuce wraps…my own recipe!
I am also thinking an easy Chicken stir fry! As far as our lunches go…left overs/salads! So hopefully I will love these new recipes. P.S….I am SOOOOO ready for SPRING!!!!! My FAVORITE season!!!!!!! 🙂
Do you like to try new recipes?! Ever feel like you eat the same stuff over and over?!?!