I hope everyone had a great weekend! They sure do go by fast! I spent time with friends, drank and ate too much, and ya know…it happens! Livin’ it up this August! 😉
Yesterday, it was time for my weekly grocery shopping trip. I am that weird girl who loves the grocery store and grocery shopping, always have. I actually look forward to it. Yesterday, I woke up in a mood. And, it was not a good one. Just couldn’t seem to kick it. Weirdly enough, I was looking forward to getting out of the house for some time by myself and getting in the grocery zone. I know, so strange!
1. Eggs. I try to always have eggs in the house. They are great snacks when hard boiled, make a quick veggie scramble, and even better when your recipe calls for them! Side note…Ever all of the documentaries and lectures I have attended, I always TRY to choose organic eggs.
2. Fruit. If its there, I will eat it. Bananas are my go to’s! I mean, fruit is the best snack ever! I have really been trying to pre-cut most fruit, just to make it that much easier to grab! I added frozen mango and pineapple to yesterdays trip. So easy to throw into smoothies!
3. Raw nuts! I love Trader Joe’s packaged snack size raw nuts. Fantastic for on the go. You can throw a bag in your purse and out the door you go! A great grab and go option. If they are not pre-packaged, I tend to over eat them.
4. Lean protein. This week, I grabbed two packages of organic chicken breasts. I love throwing chicken in the crockpot for wraps and salads OR marinade for the grill.
5. Canned beans. This might seem odd to some, however, I always try to make a bean salad for the week. Yesterday, I made a veggie black bean salad. Its my fav! A great salad to pack for lunches! Sometimes its northern beans or even chickpeas! Beans stay with me for awhile and make me feel satisfied.
6. Veggies. This is obvious right?! Yesterday, I made the point to pre-cut all veggies and place in clear containers on my fridges top shelf! That way, I open the fridge and BAM, I see cucumbers, carrots, and peppers. lol!
7. A fun snack! I love food, and I love trying new items! I picked a dill pickle popcorn! If you love dill pickles…then this option is for you! Very good!
8. Dips! If you know me, you know I love dips. So a good lunch for me tons of veggies and hummus or guac! So I always try to have some in the house!
9. Seltzer water. When I am craving a drink, this is perfect!! I have been buying tons of seltzer and I’ll add fruit to it or plain. And lately, I am obsessed with La Croix! LOVE!!
10. Coffee. Need I say more?! Oh, organic half and half.
If you follow me of Instagram…(which you should!) you would know that I ran out of half and half on Saturday morning. Mini crisis. I solved the problem by going to Starbucks drive thru! #1stworldproblem #Thestruggleisreal
So those are some of my staples! Sometimes it switches up depending on season. Lately, I have really have not been feeling yogurt. I have been trying to avoid some dairy because of how it has been making me feel. And ya…Happy Monday folks!!!
What are your staples?! Can you drink your coffee black or die when your out of creamer?! 😉